Chai Spiced Nuts
These make a great treat and snack and are very simple to make! This is a great homemade gift and to serve to guests at holiday parties!
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Place egg white into a large bowl and whip with a fork until frothy.
3. Stir in sea salt, spices and maple syrup
4. Combine mixture with the 3 cups of nuts/seeds and coat them evenly.
5. Place nuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes
7. Using a spatula gently scrape the nuts from the cooking sheet before they cool to prevent them from sticking.
8. Once cooled put them into an airtight container.
*FOR A VEGAN OPTION make a flax seed egg wash
- 2 TBSP flax seed meal (you can place flax seeds in a coffee or spice grinder to make the meal.
- 2 1/2 TBSP of water
- Mix water and meal into the bowl and continue to follow recipe above