Shirodhara & Svedana | An Ayurvedic Treatment
Ayurveda is a 5,000 year old science of natural and holistic healing that has its origins in the Vedic culture of India. According to Ayurveda, the center of the forehead, or Third Eye, is the seat of intuition, spirituality and healing.
This is a simple, yet profound treatment that works specifically on balancing and stabilizing the activity of the mind. Warm, herbal oil is continuously streamed over the Ajna Chakra or Third Eye, taking the participant on a journey deep within.
- Bring balance and harmony to body, mind and spirit
- Generates a profound state of relaxation in body and mind and relieves stress
- Rejuvenates and opens up the flow of energy in the body
- Stabilizes the nervous system and can help to reduce anxiety, tension, depression and mental disorders.
- Eliminates imbalances of the head affecting the neck, eyes, ears, and nose
- Treats insomnia
- Turns on the body’s healing mechanisms
- Nourishes hair, scalp, and strengthens hair follicles to prevent hair loss and premature graying.
- Replenishes skin oils, regaining natural luster and youthfulness.
- Softens lines and wrinkles on the face by clearing the mind, dissolving stress and relaxing face muscles.
- Activates the pituitary and pineal glands, as well as the hypothalamus, which organize and regulate all hormones in the body.
- Enhances concentration, mental clarity and comprehension.
- Heightens the senses and helps produce endorphins
- Stimulates cognitive memories and increases intuition
Svedana or Swedana means to “sweat” or “perspire”. This treatment is a process of inducing sweat with an exquisite hot herbal steam treatment that will leave you feeling clear, rejuvenated and deeply moisturized. Medicinal herbs like Lavender, Chamomile, Bay Leaf, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Lemongrass help to clear the channels, relax the muscles and nurture the senses.
- Makes Your Skin glow and healthy
- Relieves body aches
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps in reducing weight
- Drains toxins from deep tissues
Contact us via email or phone to schedule your appointment.
Comments are closed.