Spicy Bean, Barley & Veggie Soup
This is a great soup for the winter and is balancing for all doshas. Feel free to change the veggies to any doshic appropriate veggies you like!
1. In a large bowl, soak the lentils, beans, and barley for at least 30 minutes while prepping the meal.
2. In a large stockpot heat the sunflower oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant. Stir in the chickpea flour, 2 TSP of spice mixture, water, and stock cube.
3. Drain and rince the legumes and barley. Add them to the pot with the veggies and bay leaves. Raise the heat and bring to a simmer, partially covered for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the parsley, pepper and salt and simmer for 5 minutes more.
5. Ladle the soup in bowls and serve!