Embodying the Pitta Dosha | a summer balancing workshop
Join us to explore how we balance the qualities of the fire + water elements, the pitta dosha through nutritional therapy, herbs, yoga asanas, mudra, pranayama, and affirmations.
Through practices of yoga and Ayurveda, we gain greater harmony between our inner and outer worlds, leading to an increased sense of awareness. Nature is a common theme woven throughout the teachings of yoga + Ayurveda. These teachings show us that we are not separate from nature, but a part of her.
There are five elements (air, space, water, earth, fire) and they are considered the building blocks of the material world. We take in these elements, and they are manifested in our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual bodies. When the elements are out of balance, we can experience a disruption in our equilibrium – with both ourselves and the world.
In this 90 min workshop, you can expect:
- introduction to the fire + water elements, the pitta dosha, and the qualities of each.
- how to stay balanced with the pitta dosha through nutritional therapy, herbs, and daily routines
- movement practice: a guided self-assessment to sense your connection to these elements
- explore mudras (hand gestures), breathing practices (pranayama), and affirmations to support balance and embodiment of the fire + water elements
- pitta balancing meditation to keep you cool + calm
Ayurvedic Seasonal Balancing Herbal Tea will be served.
Investment: $45 * SPACE IS LIMITED
Comments are closed.