Good health relies on our ability to fully metabolize the nutritional, emotional, and sensory information that we ingest. When our digestive energies, known as Agni (fire), are healthy, we create strong tissues, eliminate waste products efficiently, and have stable mind emotions – we are naturally flowing with enthusiasm and joy!
When Agni is strong, we also produce a subtle essence called Ojas. Ojas is our inner sap and is the basis for mental clarity, physical strength, and good immunity. If our Agni’s are weakened, digestion is incomplete, which creates an accumulation of toxic residue known as ama.
Indications of ama and signs you should cleanse are tongue coating, allergies, congestion, headaches, fatigue, chronic pain, low energy, poor memory, brain fog, anxiety, depression, moodiness, dry, itchy or inflamed skin, body odor, excessive cravings for salty or sugary foods.
Ayurveda places great importance on detoxification during the transitional seasons of spring and fall and considers this the most important time to clear ama from the tissues and strengthen Ojas, immunity.
As we move into the autumn and traditional ‘holiday’ season we begin to feel accumulated stress, ungrounded, and even more anxious – the qualities of the vata dosha — cold, dry, light, mobile, overactive — combined with the extra holiday commitments and foods, this can provoke the vata dosha. Examples of excess vata dosha can be lack of focus and inspiration, unable to settle, anxiety, fear, constipation, dry skin, headache, and a variable, weak agni or digestive fire. It is also common during this time of year for us to experience more cold and flu-like symptoms.
No matter how healthy we are, an Ayurvedic cleanse is a wonderful reset, a gentle guide to ignite your fire, inspire you, and unlock your innate capacity for happiness, health, well-being, intuition, unconditional love, beauty, inner peace, and creativity.
Our cleanse can be done from the comfort of your home, and while a normal work schedule can be taken, we recommend carving out more time for self-care, yoga, meal prep, and just general downtime. This is a holistic, simple, rejuvenating 14-day cleanse to support you for a joyful, healthful winter season.
This 14-day cleanse is based on the science of Ayurveda and will leave you feeling satisfied, eliminate toxins from the tissues, decrease stress, elevate energy, improve stubborn digestive imbalances, improve gut microbiome, increase ojas (immunity), improve hormonal balance, restore mental clarity and creativity, give you youthful, radiant skin, and bring balance between mind, body, and spirit!
What to expect:
- attend your first pre-cleanse meeting to learn the first two stages of your cleanse
- PHASE ONE: 7 days of pre-cleansing, what this simply means is that we are going to clean up any habitual eating patterns and eliminate alcohol, caffeine, processed sugars, processed foods, and meats while focusing on fresh fruits and vegetables, foods that are supportive of creating good gut flora, thinning the bile, cleansing the liver and helping you to prepare for the next phase. You will want to begin a healthy sleep, wake cycle, and regular meal patterns during this week as well as increase your yoga practice. You will have access to all of our in-studio classes during this week.
- PHASE TWO: 7 days of eating a beautiful, nourishing mono diet of kitchadi, healthy whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and herbal teas. You will also take digestive herbal support and a liver supportive tea during this time. We will meet once during this phase.
- PHASE THREE: samsarjanakrama – we slowly reintroduce foods into your regimen, and create goals for the upcoming season
- PHASE FOUR: WE BUILD OJAS by incorporating immune, ojas-building supportive practices, foods, and herbs.
Included in your cleanse:
A 40+ page cleanse guidebook with recipes written by Christina Vargas, A.H.P., protocols, and goal setting, kichadi kit (your food for 7 days) + spice kit + daily detox tea + digestive herbs + ghee + abhyanga, and nasya oils + 2 support group meetings that support your growth, learning to feel comfortable and confident in your journey + access to one-on-one personal email or phone support as well as online community support with the practitioner.
Support Group Meeting Dates:
- Sunday, October 9th; 1:00 – 3:00pm
- Wednesday, October 19th; 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Deadline to register: October 4th