Chyawanprash is helpful to everyone, regardless of age, by creating harmony in the body and improving metabolism. Well-known as an immunity booster, it is rejuvenating and gives a great source of energy. With Amla (Eblica officianalis) as the main ingredient, known as Indian Gooseberry, it serves as a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Origins of the word.“Chyawanprash” is named after Rishi, or a sage by the name of Chyawan, who was the first person to prepare this tonic. The story starts off with the sage, who was quite old in the beginning. Then, however, he regained his youthfulness and vitality with the use of this herbal tonic.
- Charak Samhita.Charak Samhita is an ancient Ayurvedic book written by Charak in the 4th century B.C. that includes the formula for this herbal preparation. In it, it claims that chyawanprash is the best and most effective of all herbal tonics available to mankind.
- Amla is the main ingredient, known as Indian gooseberry.
- A mixture of powerful Ayurvedic herbs: ashwagandha, vidarik and/or pueraria, long pepper, white sandalwood, cardamom, tulsi, brahmi, arjun, jatamansi, neem, and many others.
- Honey and clarified butter, are mixed with the herb. In the end, it retains the consistency of a jam, which is why it’s often referred to as a fruity jam with honey in it.
I simply take a spoonful almost daily from late August – February as part of my immune-boosting regimen.
Chyawanprash is safe for both the elderly and young children to take. It comes with many health benefits, which include the following:
- Improves immunity. The combination of over forty herbs makes chyawanprash a powerful immunity-boosting tonic. Amla or gooseberry, the main ingredient, contains 30 times more vitamin C than oranges. This is one of the main reasons why chyawanprash is such a powerful immune-booster. It protects the body from bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
- Healthy respiratory system. It promotes a healthy respiratory system, being especially beneficial for the healthy functioning of the lungs. This makes it an ideal and healthy herbal remedy for those with asthma and chronic bronchitis.
- Great for digestion. This tonic does a great job of balancing stomach acids. It promotes the digestion of food and the absorption of nutrients into the blood. It also provides relief in constipation, reduces flatulence, and relieves nausea and diarrhea.
- Benefits for your heart. This herbal tonic also promotes the healthy functioning of the heart. It is a powerful energizer for the brain and helps enhance concentration and memory.
- Anti-aging features. an anti-aging herbal tonic that can prevent wrinkles and graying of hair. Its potent antioxidant and rejuvenating herbs delays the aging of cells builds strong bones and promote youthfulness and longevity.
- Many other benefits. Chyawanprash helps purify blood, stimulate the liver, and promote the elimination of toxins from the body. It enhances sexual potency and pleasure, and keeps all the sensory organs healthy. It improves one’s complexion and strengthens hair.
Stop by our apothecary and grab an organic jar of the “elixir of life” 🌿