Homemade Almond Milk
- Soak almonds in a bowl covered in filtered water. In a separate bowl, soak dates. Soak both overnight.
- Rinse almonds and place in a blender. Discard the seeds in the dates.
- Place dates, date water, salt and 4 cups of water in the blender.
- Blend well, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place open nut-bag into a large bowl or pitcher and pour liquid from blender into bag. Holding it over the bowl/pitcher, allow the liquid to strain from the bag, tie up the bag and wring out the remaining milk from the pulp.
- Decant almond milk into your glass jar of choice and refrigerate. Will stay vital for 4-5 days.
To create a homemade chai latte, mix half almond milk + half winter chai.
For a step-by-step with pictures, variations and instructions on how to dehydrate the remaining almond pulp to use as almond meal, see our blog post.